Skip to main content


Morley Dashers

Name Morley Dashers Address 66 High Street, Morley LS27 0BY Built ? Closed No Demolished No Notes On 1854 6" OS map. Robinson 1905 - a beerhouse, landlord William Lobley. In the early 1970's the name was changed from the Hembrigg in to the present name. Brewery owner in 1970 was BYB
Recent posts

Inns and Public Houses references explanation

  Inns & Public Houses Most facts have been obtained from Trade directories but not all establishments in the old Morley Borough were entered in those publications and this list is intended only as a guide for more detailed studies Key F First observed entry in a Trade Directory L Last observed entry in a Trade Directory Kelly 1897 Kelly’s 1897 Trade Directory Pigot 1841 Pigot’s 1841 Trade Directory Robinson 1905 Robinson’s 1905 Trade Directory White 1853 White’s 1853 Trade Directory Baines 1822 Baines’ 1822 Trade Directory Baines 1830 Baines’ 1830 Trade Directory P.O 1861 Post Office directory 1861 P.O. 1877 Post Office directory 1877 Yearbook 29 Morley Local History Society Yearbook No 29 R.Dennis 'History on Your Doorstep W. Smith 1896 Morley Ancient and Modern by William Smith published 1896 W. Smith 1898 The public Houses of Morley – lecture by Wm Smith in Troy Hill School. Morley Observer December 16 1898. A Morley Community Archives booklet of this lecture is available f

White Rose Harvester

  Name White Rose Harvester Address Wide Lane, Morley, LS27 8PL Built 1990’s Closed Yes Demolished No Notes In August 2007, after a refurbishment the White Rose pub was renamed White Rose Harvester. After a refurbishment in approximately 2018 it is now a McDonald's "drive through" and restaurant

White Horse Inn

  Name White Horse Inn Address Town End, Morley LS27 8AQ Built ? Closed Yes Demolished No Notes F: Baines1830, Robinson 1905. Licensees 1853 – John Barron, 1905 – George Troughton. Brewery owner 1970 – John Smith’s. Pub closed around 2012 and the premises were converted in to an Italian restaurant.