Name | Stump Cross Inn |
Address | Britannia Road, Morley LS27 0DD |
Built | Late 1890s |
Closed | No |
Demolished | No |
Notes | F: Baines 1822. W.Smith 1898 refers to “...a new erection which has supplanted the old original house, in front of which was a stone with a cross in it” which means that the present building was built in the late 1890s. In 1891 Richard Ackroyd, a stonemason, bought the pub from John Dawson. A stone cross here marked the boundary between Morley and Woodkirk for many years. Licensees 1853 – John Dawson, 1905 William Hopkinson. Named on 1854 6” O.S. map. Brewery owner 1970 – Tetley’s |
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment